Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 17, 2011

miu miu frenzy...

I do not when did I started my love for miu miu, perhaps 2 years ago?

I started liking their classic bow bag when X & X brand copied it and sell it like hot cakes. The real one uses ultra soft calf leather and comes in many "dirty" colors that I liked. Dirty colors meaning dirty-looking color. Like Dusty Pink, miu miu's paperbag pink is what I meant by Dusty Pink.
"Open up" look

Beige

Deserto
White
Limited Edition Electric Blue in nappa vernice, a special patent leather exclusive to miu miu
Here are some other colors out of the 9 new vibrant colors specially launched for the opening of miu miu's new boutique at The Shoppes, Marina Bay Sands Singapore.

I love the bow bag for its versatility. This bag can go with any outfit, casual, smart, work or leisure. You can carry it as a satchel at your hand, out it over your elbow, sling it casually across your body. You can bring it to a picnic or carry it to a meeting. How versatile is that! :)

Next, I also fancied their coffer bag. The coffer bag resembles a Prada bag, afterall miu miu is the little sister brand of Prada. This bag is the sexy on with plaited handle and gold hardware paired together with a clapse fastening on the front and a removable should strap which, like the bow bag, can be sling across the body too.

White
Black
Sand
Not sure of the color but I think this is a special edition in calf suede

Coffer bag, I feel is more mature and more formal in a sense. It's not a bag that you can carry to a picnic or a bag that you can carry to spend a day in the mall. But I still like the option of having the strap to swing it across your body.

My ultimate choice:
I do not know what is this bag called. It is perhaps a seasonal bag that will not be rolled over season after season like their classics. I fell in love with this bag the 1st time I lay my eyes on it on 11 Dec 2010 when I go shopping with Li San. The sales executive told us this bag is from the latest Spring/Summer 2011 collection. This is the first designs from SS2011 and more will arrive in Jan 2011. That time we saw, it comes in Tan color and a very dark Navy Blue-Teal colour. I must say the blue one is a very unique color but I really do not know how to match it. I'm almost contemplating to buy the Tan one on the spot but no, I did not.

Actually that trip to miu miu is to find a wallet for myself for Christmas. I did not see any color that I fancy. Was looking for a dirty pink color actually but it's not in season anymore. I found that I like the Matelasse wallet the best. The best color that I seen that day is Beige or Deserto. Still thinking so did not buy any on the spot.
Matelasse wallet that as the same signature crease lines as the coffer bag

On 20 Dec 2010, our wedding anniversary ErBao & I popped over Marina Bay Sands miu miu boutique to take a look. The wallets are the same, it has a different grey color from what Li San & I saw in ION store. I still cannot decide and almost wanted to buy the Deserto color from ION, which MBS store do not carry. We then went over to ION. The Deserto color is no longer there but they have white and black. Wanted to get the white but they are left with the display piece. Wanted to go with the classic black, but ErBao is against it. He says its too old looking.

I showed ErBao the bag that I fancied, he say it's lovely, as me to get it but I turned it down. Not really ready to part with $1,740. The wallet is $680 still can bear with a little pinch at heart.

This time round, on 6 Jan 2011 after much persuasion from ErBao, we went down to miu miu Paragon to get both the bag and the wallet. We do not know what's in store for us so just go down to check it out.

The reason for NOT getting the bow bag or the coffer bag is because I do not like my bags with zip closure (bow bag) and I do not fancy overflap too (coffer bag). When I carry my Longchamp I usually leave the zip unzip and overflap flapping anywhere but clasped to its button.

To my surprise the bag is nowhere to be found in Tan or Blue color. I'm disappointed, I thought I'm just too late in deciding. Then something caught my eyes - a new color!

I grab it from the shelf, didn't like it on first glance. Tried it on my shoulder and looked into the mirror, this color is easier to match then the Tan one or the Blue one. It's a Warm Grey color. I asked the Sales Executive for a new piece without any hesitate this time. The picture above feature the bag in Sand color is actually my favorite, but I guess I do not have fate with it.

Meanwhile, I turned to the wallets counter to look for a color that I can buy. I found the wallet in a matching Warm Grey color to go with the bag. If not for the bag, I guess I have no reason to choose such color for my wallet. But it matches with the bag perfectly so I can't I do not have an issue with the color at all. I did not ask the price for both items and ask the Sales Executive to give me a new wallet too.

The credit card slip came for signing, Bag is as usual $1,740 and the Wallet is $700 ($20 more expensive then what was known to me). I shrugged my shoulders and tell myself perhaps it's a new SS2011 new color, that's why. :)

Bag is a Christmas gift from my father-in-law and Wallet from hubby. I'm a happy girl...